How to implement any kind of Password Recovery

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Hi,

You did really great job with this project, aldoe is it posioble somehow to build simple password recovery, or is there at least some simple way to change password manual (update directly in database?).

I would really love to use this in my curent project,but if I dont find some way to implement "any kind" of password recovery I will end up hiting dead end sooner or later.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Hey,

the new version will soon be available which will work with the latest from the web stack, in the meantime you can still use this version as the transition will not be hard as long as you don't use a live database and are able to re-create it when the provider will be available.

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Hey man, great project!

I'm looking forward to the new version...do you have a rough timeframe of when it will be released? In the process of building my site now, not sure if i should go ahead and start from scratch using the current version or just wait for the new one so i don't have to worry about migrating code.

Let me know, thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2012 at 6:26 AM

1-2 weeks at a best guess, but don't hold me to it. Basically when I finish another project first.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hey man,

Don't mean to bug ya...but i wanted to see if you had an updated timeframe on when the new version is coming out?

I'm in the process of scrapping that stupid SimpleMembershipProvider that comes with the new ASP.NET MVC 4 default web app, as it doesn't provide any support for things like passwords resets (and alot of other stuff) which i really need. Was hoping to use the new version of this for my new website that i'm trying to get out in the next 2 weeks.

Let me know when you get a chance, thanks!

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Hey,

Any idea when we could see this feature implemented ?